Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flea Market Fancy

I have started putting together a collection of Denyse Schmidt's oh-so-popular line of fabric Flea Market Fancy.  Honestly, it can be really intimidating to try to snag some now because it is so hard to find and super expensive when you find a small tidbit.  I found an article on a blog (that I now cannot find again FOR THE LIFE OF ME) that gives some tips on finding it and not paying an arm and a leg for it.  The key is to simply BE PATIENT for the right pieces and right times.  EBay is a great example of this.  I started looking about a year ago, and would check eBay occasionally without luck.  Recently though, there have been a lot of auctions for FQs and I have managed to win a few. So, here I am awake at 1:32 am waiting for about 10 auctions to end while watching the Golden Girls and updating my blog!  I just love this fabric!!

Etsy is also a great place to look, although, it's still hit or miss. Now I have to find another project for this new fabric...ha!  I think the hardest thing will be actually cutting into it!

*Update:  It is now 3 am and I won 10 auctions for a total of 4 1/4 yards of FMF fabric....super excited!!  And now, off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...