Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Yesterday was awesome!  I love fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...the holidays!  It is my absolute favorite time of the year.  My mom always made it so special for us when we were kids and I have great memories.  We used to watch the Charlie Brown special "The Great Pumpkin," carve pumpkins, decorate the front porch with hay bales and cob webs.  I remember all of the costumes I wore as a kid and how much fun it was to trick-or-treat!  I remember one Halloween being on a Friday night and we actually slept in our costumes with our candy bags next to us...it was awesome!  Of course there was also the year that our candy became over-run with ants and we had to throw it all away...so sad!












Even thought it was raining last night, we still got the girls all dressed up in their Halloween costumes...Emma was a pirate and Dayna was a Carebear....and went out to have a night of fun!  We went to a local burger place that always has a clown on Monday nights that makes balloon animals and stuff like that for the kids.  Normally I hate clowns...they freak me out and I don't like them at all.  But this guy was super nice to my kids, so what's not to like!!  He made them the best balloon hats and several animals...just went over and above.  After that, we did what every other parent in our town was doing....took our kids to the mall for trick-or-treating.  It was a crowded mess.  We finally decided it was too much of a mad house and left with a single piece of candy for each one.  Oh well!  We had tons from our school's fall festival...it was just fun to be out with the family having a great time together!  There were some seriously cute costumes out there and it was fun watching other little ones.  I miss my girls being that small....sigh.  But we still have several more years of fun in store...and I can't wait!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...