Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!!

I have been thinking about 2013 for the last few days, trying to wrap my head around all of the wonderful things that have happened this year.  I am so utterly thankful for every part of my life, the good and the bad. I just wanted to write these down, as a way to look back.

Things I learned in 2013:

I'm so much stronger than I thought I was
I am okay with people not liking me, even when it hurts like nothing else
That people deserve second chances
That I really love my kids, even when they drive me up a wall and I feel at a loss at what I'm doing as a parent.  But you keep trying, keep trying, keep trying until you figure things out
That I really love my husband, more today than when we first met.  And 15 years of marriage just isn't enough.
I've learned that my sister and I can see each other every single day and still not run out of things to talk about.  I am so thankful she lives so close and works with me every day.
That praying for and wanting something so badly doesn't make it happen and that I need to be content and patient, even if God says no.
That relationships can be mended

My goals for 2014:

To run a half marathon, come hell or high water :)
To lose the 70 lbs I committed to losing last year and only lost 15
To give more to others, putting my family first.  They usually take a back seat to other committments

2014, you are going to be an amazing year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...