Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Day is Coming!!

This blog is going to be a mixture of things.  I want to use it to be a diary of my life as a wife, mom, etsy shop owner, quilter, seamstress, and crafter!  I plan to post on a variety of topics, not just hock my wares :o)  Now I know there are a ton of crafting blogs out there, and just as many people that are much more talented and creative.  I just want my blog to be a window into my life....and hopefully have some fun along the way!  I have a ton of things already planned, so I hope that if you're here, you come back often :o)

That said......

February is my absolute favorite month of the year and I love Valentine's Day!  My mom would put little gifts for us out on the breakfast table the night before so we would be greeted with a little love the next morning.  My favorite V Day gift from her was a lady bug with hearts instead of dots.  It was just so cute!!  Another reason, I have to say, is that my birthday is in February and who doesn't love the month they were born in, right??

Handmade valentines are a MUST, although I will say that when it comes to class valentines, I am unashamedly drawn to the $3 box of 26 at WalMart!  Pair that with a box of chalky candy hearts, and you're a star!

I am thinking I have to make this beautifully simple heart wreath for my front door.  I love easy and simple!!  Burlap is probably the one fabric I don't have just lying around, so I will have to buy that.  I'll show a finished pic when I'm done!

Also, my first hair accessory tutorial is coming up this week!  Plus, I am very excited about adding a new product to my shop this week....no details, but I sure do wish I had these when my girls were little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...