Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Finish--Single Girl

Y'all are probably tired of me posting about this quilt...but I am so glad to have it finished!!  I wasn't sure it would get done this week.  My poor little kitty had surgery this week and it has been very dramatic with lots of blood loss, vet visits, etc.  She's on the mend, but it's been an ordeal.

Last night I just decided I needed a stress reliever, so into my sewing room I went while the hubs was watching bball.  Oh, NC State...how very sad!  Anyway, here she is...after 3 hours of quilting and binding.  The bubble quilting took 5 bobbins...yes, 5!!  And this is a baby sized quilt, holy moley.  

Kinda lovin this picture!


Here is a close up of the quilting...bubble quilting in the solid, and wave quilting in the rings.


But can I just say I LOVE this quilt!!  I am glad to give it to my super sweet niece, but sad to see it leave my hands.  It just means I need to make another one :o)

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! Beautiful quilt top and fabulous quilting. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I need to learn how to machine quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I'm glad to hear you kitty is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour combination! I love your quilting, I NEED to practice so I can do bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you did the one in the middle! I also love the bubble quilting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I love it, I made a queen sized quilt for my brother and loved it for us but I haven't plucked up the courage or the patience to start another one!!! I have another baby sized one cut out and your post has just spurred me on to sew it up!

    Dee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome!!! Love the gray with the brights :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful quilt. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! That looks soooo awesome! Fabulous job on the bubble quilting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your design & your quilting! Great job! Whoop Whoop on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful!!!!!!!!! those pebbles are so so so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, i just love it!!! this is a fun twist to a gorgeous pattern. your quilting is divine, too!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. are you on flickr? is this photo on your stream? i'd love to favorite it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Great colors and great quilting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...