Monday, April 9, 2012

Fit Tuesday - The Anatomy of Walking

I meant to post this early Monday....however, time just absolutely evaporated this weekend, and here we are!  I like the name of this weekly post better anyway!

I went walking with my family this week.  My husband lost about 75 pounds in the last year, and a lot of his success came from simple walking.  He goes every day, religiously.  I went with him one day this week and it was hilarious....the girlies came along on their bikes/scooters and it was a riot!  Emma pumped her brakes a couple of times and almost flipped....and we were shamelessly doubled over laughing, which made her mad and she would speed away, braking and almost flipping again.  It took us 35 minutes to walk our 1.5 mile loop....but it was fun!  I was tired when we got home, but I felt amazing for the next few days.  Can you imagine what would happen if I did this DAILY???

I found this great illustration on the benefits of walking....it really is amazing for your health!  Plus, think of the free comedy you are providing to your neighbors :o)  I am sure that's what they think of the Ragan family!


Time to link up!  What is motivating you to move more??  Any progress this week??  I am still starting out, but it's good to note even {small} accomplishments!

This week's weight loss: 2 pounds
Pounds to go: 98
Goal for this coming week:  drink more water, walk 3 times this week




3 comments:

  1. Did my workout today!! Yay! I LOVE this poster! I'm going to print it out and stick it on the fridge! What a great reminder! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shana! I'm so proud of you for taking this challenge and putting yourself out there. I have been needing just this kind of motivation. I don't have a blog post to link up but I am committing to walk 30 minutes each day! I just got back from my first walk! I would love to lose 50lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoy walking. I take G on a lot of walks during the day when it's nice outside. We go to the walking trail on the weekend when it's nice outside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...