Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Boy Burp Cloths

I went to a baby shower yesterday for a dear friend of mine...she is finally having her first baby!!  I wanted to share one of the things I made for her, some super cute burp cloths.  They are incredibly easy, too...bonus!!


Start with 3 pieces of coordinating fabric and 3 pieces of terry cloth.  My pieces were 11" x 18".  They are a great size for putting over the shoulder.  Anyway, just sew 1 piece each of the terry and fabric, right sides together, leaving a small opening for turning.  Clip the corners before turning, turn inside out, and then top stitch all the way around.  I did use my walking foot because I wasn't sure how slippery the two layers would be, but I don't think you have to.


And Viola!  An easy, boutique set of burp cloths almost too pretty to use :o)

  
I had some extra fabric, so i just ripped a 2 inch wide strip to tie a bow. 


Now that I've gotten the girls' quilts done, I am going to start working on one for the husby.  All this time and he still has never gotten one of his own....a fact he reminds me of often!

Hope yall had a great weekend :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...