Friday, July 22, 2011

Bow Ties

Little boys with bow ties are just adorable!!  I am sure you will agree :o)  I have been wanting to make some for my nephew who likes to wear them to church...but I wanted to use my scraps, which can sometimes come in odd shapes and small amounts.  None of the tutorials I found online really suited what I was looking for....so I just made my own pattern and here's what I got.

IMG_3832-1

I ended up using 2 very small rectangles, another small scrap for the center, and a bit of elastic.  And now, I am addicted to making them!  I made 3 yesterday and have fabric ready for a few more.  I hope this holds him for a while, at least until Christmas (which, btw, is 5 months away!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I used to buy hairbows that looked just like this! She would make them out of clothes (gymboree) so that they perfectly matched the outfits.
    *sigh* your reminded me of them. That is an awesome looking bow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...