Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lazy, Wonderful Saturday

Today has been a great day.  I have a sick child (not so great) and I hate to say it, but when that happens, I like to stay home.  It was great to not have to go anywhere today.  I got so much done that I've been wanting to do for a while, plus some.  First, I was able to get all of my sewing done for the Kaleidoscope quilt along done!  I was so excited about that.  Now I have to snip them all apart and iron the seams, but that's the easy part of this week.

IMG_3632-1

I got all my paper pieces cut out for my double wedding ring quilt along project also....although I'm still unable to decide on fabrics.

A few years ago, I participated in a couple of quilt block swaps and never put them together.  To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I had to throw out about 10+ blocks mostly because the fabrics were just awful...not that I am not thankful for the ladies who completed them, but they looked to be older than I was.  Today, I found my blocks and had an idea of putting them together to make curtain valences for my kitchen.  They went together pretty easily, and now need to be pressed and lined.  I am excited about it!

IMG_3638

My last thought for the day is about Pinterest!  Do you Pinterest?  My friend got me turned on to it and now I'm addicted.  It's a great way to just organize my brain.  Plus there is so much inspiration and great ideas others have saved on their boards.  Well, as I was snooping on some random lady's boards, I found a picture of one of my headbands from my etsy shop!  I am pretty sure I squealed, "Look, I've been pinned!!"  My girls were excited but totally confused about "pinning" and how I ended up having it happen to me :o)  It was an awesome feeling anyway!

I have a couple of invitations left, so let me know if you want one, so you can get started pinning your heart out, too!

IMG_3637

Pretty sure that my large mocha frappe is what gave me the energy to get all of this done before lunch, plus make 5 pairs of board shorts for my daughter for camp this week. She's gonna be gone for 5 days, 4 nights. She has bursted out into tears here and there, but she wouldn't hear of not going :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love a good Mocha Frappé.
    I'm SOOOO tempted to join the Double Wedding Ring QAL...how's it going?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...