Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Teaching the Girls to Embroider

My mom, Grammy, is a super talented lady....she taught me so much about sewing and I have so many great memories of her teaching me to be crafty!  She creates her own homespun embroidery patterns and sent some to the girls for Christmas this year....and we are finally getting around to using them!!  Emma had to learn that you CANNOT sew around the hoop....it was so funny!!  I think I re-threaded needles about a hundred times, but we had such a great time.  Dayna kept squealing about what a great time we were having and she was so glad I was teaching her...melted my heart.  I am thankful for my mom....and for having 2 wonderful daughters.  Forgive me for gushing 

Dayna before we started

Emma before starting

Am I doing this right??


You can see the blue line of stitching....she did SO good!!

Working hard!


This face was so funny!  Every time she wrapped the hoop with her needle!

They got the hang of it after a few minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...