Friday, March 11, 2011

Tragedy in Japan

It pains me every time some disaster hits...so many people hurting and in need.  One of my good friends from high school lives in Japan.  Thankfully, she wasn't affected by the awful earthquakes and tsunamis that have hit her country.  I have been watching the footage all day and it is just so sad.  My heart goes out to them.  I hope that if I were ever to face such a disaster, I would continue to thank God for His goodness and love, despite my loss.  I feel blessed beyond what I deserve today.

Let's use today to show kindness to someone else....maybe a random stranger that just needs a smile.  I smile and greet most people I pass by...it's funny because most people are surprised!  It makes me a happier person and not so self-absorbed.  Kindness....just general human kindness....it's a rare thing until something tragic happens.  Don't wait until tragedy strikes to be a kind person...that is what I am striving for and what I am trying to teach my girls.

Just a thought for the day!  Now I would like to share some pictures of my 2 little treasures!

Emma riding a horse for the first time!

Dayna waiting her turn
Dayna riding a horse for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...