Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Today is the first day of school for my kiddos....1st and 3rd grades.  Wow, where has the time gone??  My husband took them shoe shopping yesterday and they must have had miracle grow over the summer because my older daughter is now in a size 5 after ending the school year in a 3.  Not sure how that happened!!  Anyway, I was up at 5:30 this morning, pre-heating the oven, showering, packing lunches, making breakfast, curling hair.  At 6:45, I had exactly 15 minutes to get myself ready...good thing my hair is pretty low maintenance!  Just blow and go.  Out the door by 7:00 and to school by 7:20.  Whew!


I am not sure who is more excited for this new year, but I sure do wish it would slow down a little.  I am feeling the time slip through my fingers, and I am trying to grab it and hold on a little longer.  This year, Emma and I have started writing each other letters, kept in a composition notebook.  When I write something, I put it under her pillow and she does the same.  She's getting to where she needs more private time, but it's hard to get with a little sister always underfoot.  It's a way to keep connected.  I sure do love my little ones!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...