Friday, August 5, 2011

Under the Knife

Now that I have cleared a couple of projects from my WIP list, I have been dying to start some new things!  I am trying to branch out with trying some new patterns and techniques.  So, my Flea Market Fancy fabrics are going under the knife for a Dresden Plate quilt.


I thought I would have a harder time cutting into my stash of FMF, but it was easier than I thought...after all, it's just fabric, right :o) 


Here are my 2 glorious stacks of FMF Dresden Plates!  I made 6 small and 6 large...I only had very small pieces of some of the FMF fabrics so the Dresden Plate pattern was perfect as there was very little waste.  I still managed to save my itty bitty scraps...I just can't throw them away! I wish I had more of certain prints, but they are so hard to find!

Large plates measuring about 12 inches in diameter

Small plates measuring about 9 inches in diameter

I still have to work out how I want to arrange the plates...and I am not super great at applique.  I have a picture in my mind of what I like, I just hope I can translate that into real life!

4 comments:

  1. Shanna! These are amazing! You just whipped them up? I can't wait to see what the quilt looks like. I need to try a dresden plan quilt on of these days... maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I love the way everything goes so well together!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! An ambitious project to be sure! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those dresdens. that fmf makes them so much happier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...