Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP Wednesday #6

I haven't been doing much quilting lately, small things here and there.  I re-opened my shop early and am swamped.  I think I need to hire an assistant.  Anyway!  I am currently working on another Kaleidoscope quilt using Duke fabrics for a dear friend's son who is leaving in less than a week for college.  I have all my pieces cut out and plan to use the ENTIRE day tomorrow getting that sucker pieced, basted, quilted, and bound.  It has to get done tomorrow, because I have no other time this week to do it...EEEK!!!  Why, oh why do I wait until the last minute??



I had heard that some people get a lot of relaxation out of hand sewing...so I took up hexagons.  I really like them, but man are they a lot of work!!  I've had to stay off my foot a lot, so these little guys are great for making me still feel useful.  I would like to make a whole quilt top out of them, but we'll see...right now my piece is big enough to fold in half and make a purse, or square up for a pillow.  I'm going to keep going though!  It's a great to-go project and uses up lots of scraps :o)

So, this weeks stats:

In progress:  7
Completed:  0
Started:  2
Total:  9

I'm linking up at Freshly Pieced, and if you haven't yet, vote for Lee's fabric design at Connecting Threads!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Ooh... so colorful! I haven't worked much on my hexagon/star blocks this week. I ran out of diamonds and need to cut more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexagons, so colorful! I'm working on hexagons too, but i'm at a roadblock, I don't know what to do with them!!

    http://knotted-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hexagons. They kept me sane when my son was born as I couldn't get to my machine much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...