Monday, August 29, 2011

Duke Kaleidoscope Quilt

I committed to making this quilt back in May....and thought I would have all summer to get it done.  Well, summer just came and went, and here I am trying to cram an entire quilt into 2 days!

My husband and kids left for school at 7 on Friday, but I didn't start working until about 9:30.  I was able to get all 64 blocks pieced by 5.  I took one of my best friends out to dinner for her birthday, so I couldn't work on it again until Saturday.  I finally finished the quilt in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

I drank a LOT of iced coffee, snacked M & Ms, and watched seasons 2, 3, and part of 4 of The Office.  I just love that show...so politically incorrect, but so funny!!

Here is the finished product, and besides the fact that it's a Duke (blech :o) quilt, I really like it!  I sure hope he likes it :o)  This is my 2nd kaleidoscope quilt, and I think I did much better with my seam allowances and points this time around!  I definitely think I would make another kaleidoscope quilt again.


Seriously, though, I am SOOOOOO glad to get that off my plate.  I love to sew, but when I have deadlines, I just don't enjoy it as much.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...