Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthday Weekend Re-cap

Birthdays are always a big deal in my family!  Yesterday was my birthday...can't believe I am another year older!  My husband is just awesome, and planned an entire day just for me.  I felt so special!  Saturday morning, we dropped my girlies off with Nana.  Then the hubs whips out a list of 6 quilt shops in the area that I've never been to...along with their addresses.  He told me that we were going to all of them and I could get 1 yard of fabric from each!  He is such a doll.  So, we plugged in the first address into the GPS and were off.  It was just the best day, spending time with my man all day, having fun in the car driving to each new place, and he helped me pick out some pretty great fabrics.

We went all over creation, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary, Apex.  There were 2 shops that I just loved.  I also got to try out a long arm quilting machine...squeal!!  I have always wanted to try one and I finally did it!  The last shop we went to offered lessons and quilting by the hour.  It's a 4 hour class, and then you get 2 free hours on the Gammill long arm.   I am definitely going to sign up for that one!

We ended up getting cupcakes at Gigi's Cupcakes, did some more shopping, and then went to get the girlies for dinner.  I had no idea what the plans were for the day, so I didn't bring my camera! oh well.  My husband is absolutely the best, hands down.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I'd love to use a longarm!!!

    OH! I made my first practice sandwich last night! I'm definitely going too fast because my stitches are all different sizes. I have my two quilt tops done, though. They just need to be basted, quilted, and bound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so special! Glad you had a great day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh happy birthday!!! and you are right, he is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...