Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Just a Little Progress

Another week down, man it passed fast!  I can't wait for basketball season to be over and family life to return to a sense of calm....hahaha!!  Not even sure I know what a sense of calm looks like!  Anyway, I have only been able to make a little progress this week on my EPP project.  It's about 1/2 the size of a lap quilt now....about 45 inches at the longest point.


I was thinking of making this queen sized for my bed....but I am not sure now.  Do I keep going??  or just finish the lap size?  Thoughts??  I really love how it's turning out, and I love having a portable project to keep my hands busy.


Please excuse my sad, dead winter grass.  Kinda ready for spring!  These little beauties are in my sewing basket, ready to made into stars...I love my sewing basket!  It's black with white Eiffel Towers and flowers all over it!



So...for my WIPs this week...NO progress on my Swoon quilt, sad to say.  I have not had a chance to sit at my sewing machine to start working on getting the top together.  Maybe this week??  I am also making great plans for a sewing room re-do.  It is gonna be awesome and I can't wait to start posting pics!!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced:


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd have the patience to hand-piece something queen sized!

    I'm still practicing my FMQ. I'm trying to figure out what I need to set my tension on and figuring out what speed works best. I find that when i go faster I make bigger stitches and they look like junk on the back :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going on that hand piecing! It's so nice! At least lap size so you can have it displayed on the couch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew impressive to be hand piecing that gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. You have way more patience than I have. Great colours too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors!!! The corners look around it make it eligible as wall art :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, keep going. I've been having second thoughts about making my EPP quilt large too. I think mine will end up a lap size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go as far as it makes you happy. The dark solid background just makes the stars pop. I love EPP too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful quilt! I've you've got it in you, I'm sure it would be an amazing bed quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...