Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday


I finally finished all of my Swoon blocks for my bed quilt!!  I wasn't so sure about some of them, but it's really growing on me!  I am thinking about swapping out the mustard one in the bottom corner though...and making another block closer to others' colors.  Anyway, for now, this is it!  I still have a lot of work to do to get this one finished, but it's progress for now.


I am also making some progress on my English paper piecing quilt.  So far, this piece is about the size of an oversized table runner....a long way from a lap quilt.  I've been taking these diamonds with me everywhere and have been making at least one star a day.  So at this rate it will be another 6 months to get the top done.  Oh well, this is going to be a relaxing project and I love that it is going to be entirely hand pieced and hand quilted!

This morning as we were heading in to and stopped at a light, I glanced over at the next car.  This woman was just staring at me as I was happily stitching some diamonds.  No sooner do I look over but she turns to the passenger and he pops his head up and looks at me too...guess no one ever sews in the car anymore, sheesh!!  It was pretty funny, I just laughed.  I'm sure they thought I was a little off my rocker, but that's okay!



My LQS had a great sale on fat quarters this week (in honor of Fat Tuesday, hehe!).  I bought a couple of FQs of Kaffe, something I honestly never thought I would ever purchase!  I always like how Kaffe fabrics look in quilts, but I just have never bought any. 


And more Paris fabric...I just love this fabric!!  It's so kitchy and I love the paisleys and flowers.  What am I going to do with all this fabric??  I have no idea...but I am sure it will be fun!



Linking up over at Freshly Pieced...love seeing everyone else's projects every week!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


14 comments:

  1. The paper piecing looks great!! Something I've been meaning to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swoon is wonderful and your diamonds are great. I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting through WIP...love your swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am in love with your swoon, the colors are so pretty and go so well together! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your swoon is gorgeous. I'm terrified of purple but love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! I love the colors of your Swoon blocks and your English paper piecing project. Keep on broadening people's horizons with your sewing. Clearly some folks are craft-deprived ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Swoon is beautiful - love the colours!! And the Paris fabric is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your English paper piecing project! (I sew in the car all the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love that paper pieced quilt you are working on. i love it. your swoon is beautiful and that fabric... how awesome they had a fat tuesday sale. so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your swoon blocks are stunning....beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your swoon quilt! Can't wait to see more of your progress! lol about sewing in the car. Its been a while since I've had a hand sewing project, but I often knit in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You swooned! It's become a quilting pandemic and I'm feeling left out. It's on the to do list............

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything! I started an EPP project in August while I was still pregnant. I made one star. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...