Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Roundup

This weekend my husband went overnight with the school's basketball team...he's the assistant coach for the varsity team.  I hate for him to be gone, but it's nice to spend time with my girls, just the 3 of us.  I picked up the girls after school and we got Happy Meals and Harry Potter.  Tradition in our house on Friday night is a picnic...spreading out a blanket and eating dinner together watching a movie.  My girls are loving Harry Potter right now.  It's a little freaky as it gets deeper into the story, but the first movie was relatively non-scary.  Anyway, the hubs forgot to turn off his alarm, so we were all up at 6 a.m. Saturday morning.  I could've killed him!  Not really, but oh my word.  My one day to sleep in!  That's okay...for the next 2 1/2 hours, I piddled around in my sewing room while my girls watched cartoons laying on the floor of my sewing room.  Hardly any room to walk around, but I love that they wanted to be in there with me!  I made a few zippered pouches and practiced my urban nine patch...lots of practice needed there!!

this one is my fave...perfect size to fit all my girly goodies in my purse so that no one has to see my stuff if they get in there!

Dayna snatched this one...and I made Emma one that has this cute fabric Nerds Rock on it...but I didn't get a picture of it before she snagged it.

Here is my first attempt at the inside block, LOTS of practice needed!!

 I know these will be pretty once done, but oh my word, they are a pain in the butt to get together!!

After a breakfast of eggs and bacon (in which Dayna just had to have over easy eggs, so she could make her plate have a smiley face), we got dressed and got ready to go to the quilt shop.  I haven't been in such a long time.  I really just wanted to walk around, look at the pretty fabrics, the quilts hanging from the ceiling, and enjoy being around other women who love quilting as much as I do.  The girls love going and sitting in the chairs while reading their books.  I knew they had just sent out an email with their new sale items featured, but I had no idea it would be a zoo!  We walked into my little quilt shop, FULL of people.  I don't do well in crowds, gives me all kinds of anxiety.  I think I walked around for about 45 minutes trying to focus on what I wanted to look at and not really looking at anything.  I hate crowds!!  Needless to say, after rounding the store 3 or 4 times, I found what I was looking for...Parisville.  It had gone on sale, finally, and I was so excited!  My girls helped me pick out several prints, and Dayna wanted to tell the lady how much to cut.  It was too cute!  I finally had had enough though....too many people in a little space was workin my nerves.


Not sure what I am going to do with this lovliness, but who cares?  Next for the day was my daughter's basketball game where she is a cheerleading machine.  Actually, Dayna is the machine...I have to prod Emma the whole game.  We won, the girls did great, and it was a great day.

Sunday, on the other hand, was another story.  The girls were great, but I was in the dumps.  I just can't seem to pull of this depression tail-spin.  I do great for a while, then can't seem to function.  Today, I feel just blah about everything.  I'm really a pretty positive, happy person...which is why I am not understanding this. At all.

Back to work today...hoping to work my way out of this funk.

2 comments:

  1. oh lovely stack of fabric you have there. and i keep asking myself why i don't have a quick curve ruler yet. i need to get one! BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pouches! You know I love you, girl, and I'm here for you <3 We'll get through this together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...