Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've been working on a few things this week...not as much as I would like, but I spent most of my Saturday deep cleaning my living room.  I hate to clean, but it had to be done!  I'm trying to deep clean one room a week, just a few hours of time, and then I can start summer with a sparkly house :o)

I decided to turn my scrappy giant hexagons into a wall hanging for my sewing room.  I got it quilted last night and now just need to figure out how to bind it??  I think I need to use a bias binding, but I have never done that before.  I'm going to try to get that done this week!

Cute little hands holding my project....love her!

I also played around with more of those pretty giant hexagons.  I found this Sugar Pop layer cake on clearance at my local quilt shop...so I thought I would try to make my hexagon quilt with it.  It took about 30 minutes to cut out, and 2 hours to piece.  Not gonna lie, for the size, it is a little time-consuming to put together...but soo worth it!  I really like how it turned out!  I don't think I am going to square it off...what do yall think?

Sugar Pop Hexagon quilt measures about 45 inches by 60 inches

Lastly, here is my EPP progress.  I'm up to 42 stars now!  I still feel like I have a ton to go on it.


See what others are working on at Lee's at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

8 comments:

  1. Love all your projects!! Those hexies are just to die for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all three of your projects look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much hexie love.....fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love them both, but the big quilt, I would not square it off, I think the edges add to the prettiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the bias binding- that wall hanging is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love your scrappy hexagons. it is going to be beautiful on your wall! i am not a huge fan of deep cleaning also! i wish i could hire someone to come and do it for me but i feel guilty! i think i would probably square it off... just so it was easier to fold and bind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are the giant hexagons machine stitched? I can't figure out how you'd sew them together. Maybe that's why I haven't tried them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These giant hexies look soo-sew fun. Way more my style than the wee leeetle ones. =P

    Pretty colors!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...