So, I was browsing Pinterest last night (as I do about a hundred times a day) and came across one of the most inspirational weight loss blogs I have found. I'm sure there's hundreds more out there, but this one spoke to me. I relate to this girl on so many levels.
It got me to thinking. I have wrestled with weight for as long as I can remember. I had a couple of thin years in my early 20s, then had kids and it's kind of spiraled out of control. Now, I still totally believe you should value yourself for who you are and not what you look like. And we should absolutely teach our kids to value themselves and others that way. There are PLENTY of people who are not what I want my kids looking up to because of their personalities, not their size.
So, I had to question why I haven't met this goal in my life. I have been able to accomplish everything I have set my mind to doing. I have successfully learned every new skill I wanted to learn. I think my motivation has been wrong all along. I wanted to just look good, but it's become so much more than that now.
1. I want to be comfortable in front of the camera--no more hiding behind it and letting those family moments slip by.
2. I have a closet full of clothes that I can no longer wear--this one just flat out sucks!
3. It will improve my overall health, but I am hoping will help fix the issues I am having with my foot since breaking it about a year ago.
4. I have major plans for the next 2 years that I won't be able to accomplish without losing this weight
I know I will have to start small...I have 85 pounds to lose and that is just daunting when I think of it like that! I'm getting back on the Weight Watchers plan since I lost about 45 pounds with it before and I know it works! Plus I want to exercise....not because I have to but because I want to. Branson bought me a bike recently...a red beach cruiser. It needs new tires, but I love it. I want to ride it around the neighborhood with my girls.
I don't think this blog will be consumed with all things weight-loss, but I will share what I know and what I find. And if it becomes a place of encouragement, that's great! I am going to update every Friday with progress (or I could do Wednesdays and make it Weight-loss Wednesday, hehe!)
Goals for this week:
1. Develop a menu plan for the week--one that is practical and that I can stick to
2. Drink water each day
3. Exercise 20 minutes each day
I'm excited!! I feel motivated!! If you haven't read Andie's blog, it's awesome. She blogs about so many practical things that I just haven't heard in a long time.