Saturday, September 3, 2011

A New Hobby

When I was 5, my mom taught me how to embroider....I didn't pick it back up again until recently.  Lately, I have found hand stitching to be very relaxing.  Even for a few minutes a day.  I think that's why I like it so much...you can pick it up and put it down whenever you want with minimal work in between.

I found a couple of great sites for embroidery patterns and how-to's.  And I picked up some flour sack tea towels the other day to practice with...I am in love with it again!  I can't wait to finish this tea towel and to make another one...just for fall!  Here is a pumpkin pattern I got from Urban Threads.  I am lovin the swirls inside the pumpkin!



The blue ink is a disappearing ink that will go away once sprayed with water...how awesome is that!!

Other great blogs include:



Pattern shop on Etsy by Big B--super cute patterns, very inexpensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...