Monday, May 23, 2011

Single Girl Quilt-Part 2--Cutting Fabrics and Piecing

Even though I am only making a baby-sized version of the SGQ, it still took me 2 HOURS to cut out all the pieces! My daughter Dayna helped me pick out the 31 fabrics and then handed me one after another as I cut them out.  She was so cute!  We watched 8 episodes of Phineas and Ferb while I was cutting....that show cracks me up!  I absolutely LOVE the sister Candace!

And while cartoons are not my show of choice while I work, I LOVE having my girls in the same room with me when I am working on a project. They love to drive me crazy as they get waaaayyy too close to the iron, or are playing around under the cutting table.  Eek!

So, here is what I have so far of my SGQ!  I am loving the fabrics, how random they are but seem to go together.  I am thinking that I may have sewn my pieces with too small of a seam allowance...I used a scant 1/4" but am thinking it should have been a true 1/4".  So, poo, I have to go back and sew them tighter so that my other pieces will fit nicely.

sgq2

sgqblock1

Another first is that I am ALSO thinking about SPRAY BASTING this quilt together as I have recently heard some wonderful things about it!  It sure beats pinning for an hour on hands and knees on the hard floor of my kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...