Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vintage Linens

I recently purchased some vintage linen FQs from sosovintage on Etsy.  These prints SO remind me of my grandma who passed away when I was in high school and my great aunt still living in southern California.  I have so many wonderful memories of my grandma.  She was a unique lady and I loved her so much.  And my great aunt is still such an important person in my life. Anyway, I tend to be a BIT nostalgic, so I can't wait to make a quilt out of these vintage beauties!!

After I got these in the mail...I just had to order a few more...eek!  There goes my fabric diet!  I NEEDED some more variety in the colors, right??  At least that is what I told myself :o)

linen2

linen4

I am thinking of this pattern by the Quilted Fish.  It reminds me of the quilt that Jane Austen made and I LOVE all things Jane Austen!  I don't think my border will look like hers, but I am going to be working with a whole lot of bias with those diamonds...mercy.  The only thing I really know about bias is that it can go very wrong VERY fast, so I think I will be slow sewing on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pattern!!!! Just perfect for the fabric! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...